Best viewd in foxfire at 1280x800 resolution
"The Universe is eager to bring forth whatever your thoughts desire."sharonb


219.4lbs-Green Smoothie day 9

Friday, September 9, 2011
The Green Smoothie Experiment-Rawfood Diet

Note: This is MY blog- These are My thoughts and feeling for my use only. Some parts of my blog may not be suitable or agreeable to every reader, especially children, and I am not writing this to appease anyone but myself-So if you're here to bitch about how unhealthy my blog is, don't waste your time.
Cause this is MY blog...not yours. Go bitch about it on your own blog.
P.S.-read at your own risk.
That fish from 2 days ago gave me a sluggish night and 2 pounds came back! Oh I already kicked myself and now I am picking myself up and getting back on this wagon. I am determined to beat this addiction to cooked foods. I discovered I need more water. I wanted to know why water was so important so I did a bit of research. And I discovered that water IS THE KEY to my weight loss success.

How 8 Glasses a Day Keeps Fat Away
Incredible as it may seem, water is quite possibly the single most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping it off. Although most of us take for granted, water may be the only true "magic potion" for permanent weight loss.

Water supresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize stored fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

Here's why: The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss stops.

Drinking enough water is the best treatment for fluid retention. When the body gets less water,it perceives this as a threat to survival and begins to hold on to every drop. Water is stored in extracellular spaces (outside the cell). This shows up as swollen feet, legs and hands.

Diuretics offer a temporary solution at best. They force out stored water along with some essential nutrients. Again, the body perceives a treat and will replace the lost water at the first opportunity. Thus, the condition quickly returns.

The best way to overcome the problem of water retention is to give your body what it needs -- plenty of water. Only then will stored water be released.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home